2 cups of organic light brown sugar;
1/2 cup of soy milk;
1/2 cup of vegan margarine;
3 cups of oatmeal ( I use quick cooking oats);
1/2 cup of coconut flakes;
1/2 teaspoon salt;
5 heaping tablespoons of organic cocoa;
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- bring sugar, milk and margarine to a rolling boil in a pot on stovetop;
- mix together in another bowl the oatmeal, coconut, salt and cocoa;
- once first mixture reaches a rolling boil allow it to boil for a few minutes;
- take off stove and add vanilla and stir;
- now add the boiling mixture to the oatmeal mixture;
- stir well and fast before it hardens;
- drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper and let set (harden);
- once hardened store in air tight container.