A compassionate lifestyle doesn't mean you have to eliminate all of your favorite comfort food. All foods have a vegan equivilant, and how much better does it feel to chow down on some serious comfort food that's caused zero harm to animals? These Cheezy Biscuits are a great alternative to the dairy based version and taste amazing! Here's what you'll need for this super quick recipe whip up:
1 cup of organic white flour;
1 cup of organic whole wheat pastry flour;
4 teaspoons of baking powder;
1 tablespoon of organic sugar;
3/4 teaspoon of salt (I used himilayan sea salt);
4 tablespoons of vegan margarine;
1 cup of organic non-gmo soy milk;
3/4 cup of vegan cheeze shreds (I used 3 Daiya vegan cheeze wedges and cut them up into small cubes but shreds work just as good);
- mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt (make sure to mix it well);
- add margarine by cutting into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly;
- add milk and stir with fork until soft dough is formed;
- place dough on lightly floured surface and knead gently 8-10 times;
- while kneading dough, work the shredded cheeze into the dough;
- roll out dough 3/4 inch thick and use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out dough;
- arrange the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet;
- bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes until browned;
- yeilds 10 to 12 biscuits.
Note: There is no limit on the amount of cheeze used. You can use as much or as little as you like.
These biscuits go great with a hearty soup or stew and also work great for mini sandwiches!
Now lets get baking LC babes!